Capture Hazardous Spills From Railroad Tanker Cars
- Ultra-Track Pans have been designed to provide railroad spill containment at industrial rail sidings and locomotive maintenance facilities. Available in virtually any length, Ultra-Track Pans may be used to collect small spills and leaks OR to capture and channel off significant spills caused by defective equipment or a major overflow.
- Prevent costly cleanup and regulatory fines from railcar spills and chemical spills.
- Modular Design – Center and Side Pans are 53.5″ long; railroad spill containment areas can be easily assembled to any length desired
- All-polyethylene Construction – Rugged Track Pans withstand harsh chemicals and are designed to function in temperatures ranging from -40°F to +140°F
- Sealed System – Polyethylene gaskets keep spills from falling between the rails and Pans.
- Trucks and other vehicles can drive over Track Pans with grates in place (NOTE: To drive over Track Pans, firm footing must be beneath the Pans; also must “ramp up” to Side Pans with asphalt or concrete)
- An economical, easy to install railroad spill solution.
- Modular Track Pan design can be customized to meet your specific railroad spill containment needs.
- Optional Track Pan Covers Keep Rainwater Out of the Pans, Providing Effective Stormwater Management.
- Polyethylene Covers are left in place until the railcar(s) arrive to be off-loaded or loaded. Lightweight covers mechanically lock into the polyethylene decking and will not blow off in windy conditions.
- Unique stormwater feature is designed to eliminate “pooling” of rain that falls on top of the Center Pan Covers; rain is channeled onto the ballast between the tracks, stays out of the Pans.
- Ultra-Track Pans Are Available In Two (2) Models:
- Track Pans and Grates, No Covers
- Track Pans with Grates and Covers
- Low Maintenance – unlike carbon steel track pans, Ultra-Track Pans will not rust or corrode. Polyethylene resin is treated with a UV inhibitor, resists degrading effects of the sun.
- Low Cost Installation — Lightweight Track Pans can be easily installed without heavy lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, cranes, backhoes, etc. Minimal tools and labor required.
- Slip Resistant Surfaces – Pans, grates and covers have been designed with safety in mind. All top surfaces resist slips when wet or oily.
- Long Work Life – Estimated to perform 20-30 years; longer than fiberglass pans.
- Meets SPCC and EPA Stormwater Management Regulations.
- Also meets New York State Chemical Bulk Storage Regulation Section 599.17c — Secondary Containment for Transfer Stations.
|Track Pans with Grates, No Covers||Track Pan Covers Only|
|Part# 9566 – Center Track Pan with Grates||Part# 9580 – Cover for Center Track Pan|
|Dimensions: 53½” x 53½” x 6″|
(1359 mm x 1359 mm x 153 mm)
|Dimensions: 55″ x 52 1/2″|
(1397 mm x 1333 mm)
|Weight:112 lbs. (51 kg)||Weight: 24 lbs. (11 kg)|
|Containment Capacity: 18 gallons (69 L)*||Containment Capacity: –|
|Includes: 2 bulkhead fittings, 4 gaskets and 2 grates|
|Part# 9576 – Side Track Pan with Grates||Part# 9581 – Cover for Side Track Pan|
|Dimensions: 53½” x 27½” x 6″|
(1359 mm x 699 mm x 153 mm)
|Dimensions: 55″ x 28 1/4″|
(1397 mm x 717 mm)
|Weight:58 lbs. (26 kg)||Weight: 11 lbs. (5 kg)|
|Containment Capacity: 19 gallons (72 L)*||Containment Capacity: –|
|Includes: 1 bulkhead fitting, 2 gaskets and 1 grate||Includes: –|
*Because of wheel flange clearance the effective height of the Center Pans is shorter than the effective height of the Side Pans causing the Center Pans to have less capacity than the Side Pans.
|Complete Railroad Spill Containment Systems|
|9-Foot Railroad Spill Containment Systems:|
|Part# 9595 – Two (2) Center Pans, four (4) Side Pans. No covers|
|Part# 9596 – Two (2) Center Pans with Covers, four (4) Side Pans with Covers|
|40-Foot Railroad Spill Containment Systems:|
|Part# 9589 – Nine (9) Center Pans, eighteen (18) Side Pans. No covers|
|Part# 9590 – Nine (9) Center Pans with Covers, eighteen (18) Side Pans with Covers|
|60-Foot Railroad Spill Containment Systems:|
|Part# 9592 – Fourteen (14) Center Pans, twenty-eight (28) Side Pans. No covers|
|Part# 9593 – Fourteen (14) Center Pans with Covers, twenty-eight (28) Side Pans with Covers|
|Part# 9584 – Rebar Fasteners with Protective Caps (20-pack)|
|Part# 9559 – 3″ dia. Bulkhead Fitting (for below grade piping)|
|Part# 9571 – Grate Only for Center Pan (Left)|
Part# 9571 – Grate Only for Center Pan (Right)
|Part# 9573 – Grate Only for Side Pan|
Product Catalog Compliance 40 CFR 264.175 and SPCC U.S. Patent No. 5,562,047; 6,173,856; 6,305,569Request a Quote